Mummy MOT in
Bagshot & Camberley
Expert Mummy Mot In Bagshot Surrey At Physica Health
Mummy MOT – Frequently asked questions
Who needs a Mummy MOT®?
In truth, every Postnatal woman would benefit from a Mummy MOT! It is very common for women to have postural changes, and weakness in their tummy or pelvic floor muscles after having had a baby. These weaknesses create instability, muscle imbalances, and poor core strength around the pelvis, which can cause back pain, pelvic pain, bladder and bowel weakness (leaking) and pelvic organ prolapse. Those that have had cesarean sections may need advice and guidance on their resulting scar tissue.
All too often we see women who have left these issues unchecked leading to difficulties down the line. Identifying these muscle imbalances as early as possible can help avoid or reduce these symptoms. Many women also feel that they want their body checked before returning to sport or exercise postnatally.
What does the Mummy MOT® include?
1-hour postnatal assessment with a Specialist Women’s Health Chartered
● In depth check of pelvic floor strength and tummy gap
● Assessment of any physical problems arising from pregnancy and birth
● A bespoke post-natal recovery programme devised especially for you, your lifestyle and fitness goals. This includes specific and safe postnatal exercises to improve stability, posture and core strength
● Cost: £110 including assessment, bespoke advice and report of findings
Can I use Health Insurance for my Mummy MOT®?
Mummy MOT is a self pay service only. Women’s Health related follow up consultations (if needed) may be covered by some insurers but please check with us and your insurer first before booking.
It’s never too late
While Mummy MOT is recommended to be undertaken 6-8 weeks postnatally, we also treat women who gave birth years ago that may still have a tummy gap or pelvic floor issues. Whether you are experiencing pelvic pain, incontinence or pain in your hips or back, we can help.
● Appointment available from 6 weeks postnatally (after your GP check).
● The appointment will last for 60 minutes.
● The cost is £110, which includes the written report.
● You are asked to fill in a pre-screen health questionnaire at least 24 hours prior to attending (so your Physio can gain information about you).
● You are welcome to bring your baby with you if needed, but you may find your focus is reduced.
● Please feel free to bring a chaperone along with you if you wish.